The Indiana Four Wheel Drive Association: Promoting Safe and Responsible 4WD Recreation
Formed in 1980, the Indiana Four Wheel Drive Association (IFWDA) acts on the common concern for motorized recreation while practicing stewardship of our natural resources. IFWDA, through its association with other state and national organizations, works to promote and act on issues affecting four wheel drive recreation.
IFWDA coordinates with the Indiana Department of Natural Resources (IDNR) on various planning boards. This includes participation on the Indiana Trails Advisory Board, which sets the direction for trail use on all IDNR properties. Through this partnership with IDNR it is hoped that some public lands will be opened to four wheel drive recreation. Volunteers from member clubs are always eager to help with conservation projects.
IFWDA currently represents:
- 10 clubs throughout Indiana and Illinois.
- Over 200 individual members in affiliate clubs, and many supporting businesses.
IFWDA is working on the behalf of four wheelers to:
- Sponsor and support Events
- Present a positive public image
- Communicate our concerns to the government
What are the benefits of joining IFWDA?
Through your individual membership in IFWDA or by joining a club in IFWDA you will be able to network with other clubs that share trail riding opportunities, receive membership and representation in the organizations IFWDA belongs to as well as:
- Receive the Indiana Four Wheel Drive Associations newsletter
- Receive the United Four Wheel Drive Associations newsletter
- Add your voice to our representation in government
- Support four wheel drive recreation in Indiana